Multifunction Printers - any recommendations?

Cara2 23:40 29 Nov 2008

Possibly pay upto £300 (ish). Recommendations please.

Thanks
Cara

Kevscar1 08:06 30 Nov 2008

Never had an all in one but I,ve used epson,s for over 20 yrs, bought 3 more 2 weeks ago. Compatible inks make them cheap to refill but still print high quality A4 glossy photos.

click here

JAM3S 11:48 30 Nov 2008

Hi Cara
I've stuck with Epson printer & scanners for the past 10 years or so.
At the moment I'm using my first Multi Device, an (A4)Epson RX685. It's typical Epson. Weak text unless high quality selected, great photo prints, expensive ink until you buy the compabibles (not run out of my originals yet!), big, bulky, we wouldn't have our Epsons any other way. Oh and it's noisy.

Cost was £100 from Comet - was on half price sale at the time. You've got £300 to spend though, you might want to check out other makes & models. Good luck :)

paddy75 12:10 30 Nov 2008

Cara,have a look at this,it's getting great reviews and i am thinking about getting one myself.Paddy
click here=

Cara2 17:13 30 Nov 2008

Thanks for replies. Will check out suggestions.

Cara

Cara2 17:17 30 Nov 2008

Just looked the PX800FW.

Does it matter that it does not have a separate Black ink?

Seems great and then I spotted the following comment by a user -

"The photo quality of the Epson PX800FW is sub standard
This is official, as it has been confirmed by Epson itself".

He/she is commenting on how the colour black is reproduced. Any substance on the comment?

Cara

shellship 18:45 30 Nov 2008

I have had my HP PSC 2210 for over 5 years now and it is still as good as it was when I first got it. My wife has a more up to date HP model and finds it excellent. if you want to have good quality text a deicated black cartridge is a must. If you want top class colour then a model with separate ink cartridges is helpful, particularly as you then only need to replace one cartridge when that particular colour runs out. I think Canon rate highly in this regard.

SB23 22:01 30 Nov 2008

I've had a HP F380 All in one for sometime now.
It replaced an old Lexmark, and to be perfectly honest, I wish I had bought HP well before I did.
I can get both ink carts locally, they're cheap, and the amount that you can print and scan goes way beyond what all the other printers could do.

BrianW 11:27 01 Dec 2008

I traded in my HP 2210 for an HP C7280 and have been very pleased with it. Its both Wirelss and Ethernet capable (my wife using it wirelessly whilst I have it connected to my PC via USB)

Photo quality prints on HP Advanced paper are excellent quality and its first rate office printer using the large black cartridge.

It uses separate colour ink cartridges, which whilst small, seem to last well

(I don't use the fax facility but its there if I should need it)

john bunyan 11:45 01 Dec 2008

Cara2. I had a good Epson MP but the ink froze just out of warranty. Cartidge World (local) said they found this a common problem with Epson although I know the print quality is good. I strongly reccomend Canon. I have had a MP760 for over a year and it scans flatbed, slides and film. It is very good on photos using 2 black and three colour cartridges, and, importantly compared eith Epson, has a separate print head, which could be replaced in the event of an ink freeze.I would check out the lates equivalent model from Canon.

ajm 12:26 01 Dec 2008

I recently purchased a HP C7280 from PC World. Its a solid printer with wifi and double sided printing capabilites. Was easy to setup to print through ethernet and wifi on 2 systems running Vista Business and 1 Apple MacBook Pro laptop

click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?