Multifunction devices for dummies

ugotamesij 11:29 10 Sep 2004

Hi everyone. I lost my copy of the latest PC Ad magazine and I was wondering if anyone could quickly check what is the top MFD this month. I think it was a Canon or an Epson, £150.

Furthermore, any other advice or recommendations would be really appreciated. I'll be starting uni soon and am looking for a decent MFD as I expect to be doing lots of photocopying as well as printing. Price isn't hugely important but obviously the cheaper, the better.

Thanks people!

spuds 13:12 10 Sep 2004
  spuds 13:20 10 Sep 2004

Should have added..HP,Canon,Epson,Lexmark are all very good. At present I am using a Lexmark X5150 [very good quality] and a very old HP OfficeJet 590, which is now about 7/8? years old,and as chugged away merrily without giving any problems so far.

Lexmark can become expensive with ink usage, so I would possibly suggest Epson as the cheaper to run printer.

ugotamesij 13:46 10 Sep 2004

Thanks <b>spuds</b>

I looked at the MFD Top 5 on the site (which you linked to) but having found the lost issue of PC Ad I recall that the page hasn't been updated - top of the pile is now the Epson Stylus CX5400/6600. But following your recommendations of Epson I'll probably go for the 6600. Running costs are important to a hard-up tax dodger like myself...

Thanks!

spuds 20:34 10 Sep 2004

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?