Multifunction with book scanner, good OCR software

Newuser964 22:17 07 Apr 2008

PC Advisor May 2008 issue recommends HP PhotoSmart C4280 for good quality copies and prints, but its review at tinyurl.com/2QBECL says the paper sticks - had that before w. an HP machine, it was awful. I thought C5280 wld be the answer, but PC Advisor review says that its lid won't lift to allow scanning from books!

Any ideas on a good print/scan/copy machine, easy to use, good quality copies, which allows scanning from books and has good OCR? Printing of photos. less important; wld like economical machine in terms of ink costs, pref. taking triple-ink cartridge rather than separate cyan, magenta etc. Thanks for reading this - any ideas welcome

Richard T.

Newuser964 14:38 15 Apr 2008

Anyone thought of a recommendation for me yet please?

Newuser2 19:50 15 Apr 2008

I'm looking to get e new MFD and the one thats caught my attention is the Brother dcp770cw.
The reviews that I've seen all seem to recommend it.
Hope this helps

Newuser964 00:24 16 Apr 2008

Thanks for the suggestion, Newuser2: I will certainly have a look at the machine you mention. It's quite a lot dearer than the C4280, and I shld be glad if I cld find one a bit closer to that in price, but if not will consider the dcp770cw.

Newuser964

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?