Much Help Needed, Buying new PC

nate27 14:47 06 Dec 2006

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get hold of a new base unit before christmas, I've searched and searched but I am having difficulty finding anything that fits. I will be using the computer for video editing, So it needs to be very performance intensive, My price bracket is £400-650, and maybe abit more if the spec is right.

The spec I've been looking at is something like this:

Large RAM (2gb ddrII 667)
Large HDD (320gb) sata II
Good graphics card with dual monitor support (512mb)
18x DVDRW & 16x DVDROM
Stylish Case with extra cooling fans, over 450w psu
Good quality on-board sound.
Plenty of USB ports
Fast LAN 10/100/1000
good Motherboard for expansion. ie: pci/pci x16 Sata II

Has anyone any ideas where I could find something like this to fit in with my price range, and recieve it before christmas? I've been looking at pcoption and powerc, Any suggestions?.

Many Thanks

stylehurst 16:54 06 Dec 2006

have a look at Novatech

The Brigadier 17:05 06 Dec 2006

Try click here which will take you to the full range of base units novatech do & their customer service & support is first rate.

grumpygramp 18:20 06 Dec 2006

Again I also would recommend novatech a chat with them on the phone and they will tell you what they recommend .When I phoned them there was no pressure to buy an expensive model that I did not need but an honest assessment .I am well pleased with what I bought from them . their technical support is also good.

nate27 00:26 07 Dec 2006

Thanks everyone for your help,

I'll check out Novatech,

Do they allow you to customise their computers or build your own custom pcs? I couldn't find any custom options last time I looked.

Many Thanks

jamyjamy 01:30 07 Dec 2006

try here click here - they allow to build own pc

pc613 08:03 07 Dec 2006

Try here click here order before 19/12 for delivery for xmas

grumpygramp 12:26 07 Dec 2006

Novatech clearly state in their T & C`s that you do NOT invalidate the Warrantee by adding to their PC in the warrantee period .However if you mess it up it`s down to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?