MS Office 2010

HondaMan 16:39 09 Dec 2010

"Microsoft Office 2010 is a significant upgrade from previous versions of the Microsoft productivity software suite. Cohesion and the ability to quickly and easily share information major selling points. Microsoft has given back control to the user and, combined with the massive functionality, the results are overall rather pleasing."

Really? I think this is the worst yet. BRING BACK OFFICE 2003!!!!

interzone55 16:45 09 Dec 2010

We had this same discussion when Office 2007 came out.

Nobody holds a gun to your head and forces you to install the latest version of office, so simply stick to the old versions.

If your PC came with Office 2010 Starter installed try un-installing it and instead install open office which has a similar look & feel to Office 2003, is compatible with most file formats, and faithfully renders most Office documents, and most importantly is totally free

click here

Forum Editor 19:21 09 Dec 2010

I'll move it over there, but before I do, I should say that once you get used to Office 2010 you start to realise that it is actually very good.

Marko797 21:05 09 Dec 2010

u raised more or less the exact issue in a thread several months ago.

I think at that time I called u a Luddite, and nothing has changed as far as my opinion is concerned.

Why are u discussing all this again?

If u are so opposed to 2010 (and, if I recall correctly, you were similarly opposed to 2007 and the ribbon) then why not re-install an older MS Office version, or use Notepad, and give us MSO 2010 lovers/users a break from your whingeing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?