Is MP3Search.ru legal?

Martin : www.nitram.org.uk 00:01 29 Apr 2004

I have found this website click here that offers music downloads that I can pay for with my PayPal account. Having read their legal notice, I am convinced that they are a well-meaning company who want to do a good deal for both the record company and the consumer.

Here is their legal notice:
All audio-visual materials are placed on Club.MP3Search.Ru according to conditions of the license agreement (# LS-R,V,Z-01-17 from 31-07-2001) between company "X-Media LTD." and "Russian Organization For Multimedia and Digital Systems" (ROMS). Company "X-Media LTD." makes license deductions for use of all materials, getting under action of the above-stated license agreement.

I was just wondering if this MP3Search.ru is legal in the UK as well?

Forum Editor 01:04 29 Apr 2004

which doesn't help me much. Provided the payment includes a copyright fee you should be OK, but I can't say for sure without being able to read the site. Although I go to Moscow on business from time to time my knowledge of Russian is limited to telling an airport taxi driver which hotel I want.

Martin : www.nitram.org.uk 12:47 29 Apr 2004

Sorry, the URL is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?