MP3/MP4 Player,what would you buy

iqs 19:10 20 Sep 2008

Hi.
I have been asked by a friend what MP3/MP4 player they should buy.
They are after a player which does not require software to convert and transfer to the device.A simple plug and play player,its for a child.
Cheers

canarieslover 20:04 20 Sep 2008

I use a Creative Muvo 1gb MP3 player when jogging etc. Advantage is that it is solid state so stands up to rigorous use a lot better than hard drive based players. It uses AAA batteries so I am never stuck with a player that doesn't work as I carry a spare battery. It just plugs into USB port and shows as a portable drive and I can use Windows Explorer to add/delete files. Also will play wma files that can be more compact than MP3 and a 1gb player can hold around 17 albums in 64bps wma format. It's now four years old and still going strong despite a lot of bouncing around.

iqs 20:47 20 Sep 2008

canarieslover for you suggestion

Joe R 21:06 20 Sep 2008

Lots of reviews here. click here

realist 21:25 20 Sep 2008

I have this which does the job ... and you can use sd cards with it. Ideal for a child.

click here

rickf 22:51 20 Sep 2008

I have a Creative ZEN "W" Vision 30g and it's excellent. Alternatively go Archos

canarieslover 11:39 21 Sep 2008

While I agree with your recommendation of the ZEN Vision "W" it's a hard drive model that does not take kindly to being dropped. My son is now on his second one so I am talking from experience. I also have a Vision "M" which I reckon is great for holidays etc., but I certainly wouldn't use it while running and jumping and these are the things that young children do.

iqs 12:54 21 Sep 2008

what about the Sony 4GB MP3 and Portable Video Player NWZS616FS ,is this model just plug and play,drag files to the MP3 player

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017