Mozilla Firebird Web Browser

redelf 22:41 14 Aug 2003

I have just started playing with this tonight and am impressed, so far. Tabbed browsing, pop-up stopper, good privacy management and easy to use. Download took about 20 minutes on dial-up and once installed, it automatically recognised my ISP dial-up, and automatically imported my favourites from IE. It works on all flavours of Windows, plus Linux and Mac.
I think it may still be in development but I am finding it fine - have a go.(It is free)

redelf 22:43 14 Aug 2003

Sorry - forgot to add where to get it from click here

helmetshine 01:54 15 Aug 2003

Yeah....i been using it for a couple of weeks now and find it's very good for most sites...still a couple i need to use IE on tho,but overall i prefer it to IE

chrishillcoat 19:02 15 Aug 2003

But it doesn't have mouse-gestures! *sob*

Opera - click here - is shareware.

redelf 20:17 15 Aug 2003

Looks good, especially as it includes an e-mail client (Mozilla does not) but you have to pay for Opera, unless you accept the ad banner in the free version. Also, the tabbed browsing is easily the best part of Mozilla and Opera does not seem to have that.
Still, good to have a bit of choice.

easyrider66 20:37 15 Aug 2003

Hi,

Have a look at Mozilla 1.4, that has all the features of firebird plus email and more.

Regards B-)

Belatucadrus 20:46 15 Aug 2003

I'm trying Mozilla 1.4 at the moment, though I didn't bother adding the e-mail as I'm quite happy with i-scribe. Seems pretty good so far.

Kalitechnis 21:16 15 Aug 2003

Explore more and you will find Mouse gestures, and many other useful plugins, called extensions

at click here

I recommend:
Tabbed browser extensions
Tabbed browser preferrences
Mouse gestures
All in one gestures
Go up

Firebird is great, and will get better.

But my browser of the moment is MyIE2, latest version-with its plugins.
I,m fed up with Opera-far too buggy/crashy. Only good thing about it is it's very smooth Auto-Scolling (on my 98se).
In fact I've been trying to find out how to make the auto-scolling of Firebird or MyIE2 less jerky.

Maybe someone knows how to do this?
Would make me very happy.

Kalitechnis 21:21 15 Aug 2003

Sorry about that, since there's no way of previewing or editing on this forum, I repeat the recommended extensions:
Tabbed browser extensions, Tabbed browser preferrences, Mouse gestures, All in one gestures, Go up.
( I had typed them on separate lines, but that did not remain so when submitted)

krypt1c 19:17 16 Aug 2003

Crazy Browser is the one I use. It's an IE clone, but with pop up stopper, tabbed windows. No email client though you can open OE from it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?