A movie maker??

Lil_wish14 16:56 25 Dec 2006

Hi

I just wondered if any of you guys could recommend a movie making program for the PC. I am looking for one that is similar to windows movie maker but better!! I want to be able to edit the length of soundtracks etc and make them in a better way. I want to still use pictures in it, like a slideshow and short film clips. If anyone has any ideas please give me the name of it.

Thanks - Caz

wolfie3000 03:04 26 Dec 2006

I swear by Uleads movie studio,

One of the cheaper movie editing programs but works great and easy to use,

click here

You can edit the sound in it but i prefer audacity for sound editing and its free.

click here

Lil_wish14 13:35 26 Dec 2006

Thanks a lot that was really helpful!!

CaZ

GroupFC 09:43 27 Dec 2006

I am not sure that any software will help to make better movies - it all depends on the quality of the original data be it video, photos or sound!!

However, I agree with wolfie3000, I find that Ulead is very useful. There is a lot of useful information at click here and click here and click here, so plenty of reading there!

Having said that I also use Movie Maker 2 quite a bit, too. It does take a bit of getting used to, to get the best out of the program. I use it primarily for creating slideshows (with a sound track), but have also used it to to make short-ish video clips. Some useful sites for Movie Maker are click here and click here and click here

One word of warning: MM2 doesn't suppport burning to DVD, so you will need 3rd party software for getting the finished product on to DVD!

HTH and Good Luck!

rickf 10:56 27 Dec 2006

I have always found Magix programmes excellent like the the Movie Edit Pro.
Hope that helps. The latest version is reasonable in price as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017