Mouse on Last Legs

provider 2 10:53 28 Jun 2008

I think my mouse (hp, USB, 3 years, 100 miles) is about to conk out.

Any recommendations for a replacement please, bearing in mind I`m not made of money?

Colin 11:15 28 Jun 2008

click here

Just buy the cheapest you can find in your local PC shop. Even the one in the link will be OK - but the cost of delivery is more than the mouse!

spuds 11:21 28 Jun 2008

Wireless from £4.99 at Ebuyer perhaps!.

I have a Packard Bell, which cost about £6.90 from PC World when on promotional offer, great bit of kit.

provider 2 11:28 28 Jun 2008

Thank you both.

Any truth in the rumour that battery consumption in the wireless versions is quite alarming?

provider 2 11:45 28 Jun 2008

Marg7

Hmm, I had heard something of the sort, but I was quite attracted by the idea of not having wires all over the place.

Maybe I`d better stick with it, though.

spuds 11:53 28 Jun 2008

I use rechargeable, always have standbys just in case. Never really had any problems with usage.

If you check Ebuyer, there are some that you can recharge from the dock!.

provider 2 11:57 28 Jun 2008

Thanks, spuds, I`ll check that out.

Colin 12:10 28 Jun 2008

I use a wireless mouse - have done for about 3 years. I suppose battery use depends on how you use the mouse, but the batteries in mine seem to last about 3 months. I always have replacements available in my desk as it can be annoying when they start to go in the middle of something. This is when wired is better but I prefer not having a cable getting in the way. I use my wireless mouse for normal computer work and games including first person shooters and it works as well as a wired mouse.

provider 2 12:16 28 Jun 2008

Colin,

Three months again. I suppose that`s not too bad, but the docked re-charge thing sounds better, even though it is a bit more expensive.

Stuartli 12:42 28 Jun 2008

I'm using my computer for most of the day and evening and the wireless optical mouse's batteries last a good length of time (at least three months); they are 2300mAh rechargeable batteries and higher capacity versions would last even longer.

I've always assumed that it's the red light that uses most of the "juice"..:-)

Stuartli 12:43 28 Jun 2008

It's not too hard, I've found, having to change the batteries once every 12 weeks or so.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?