Mouse

lennisf 02:01 12 Jun 2003

Which mouse would you recommend? I cant find mouse reviews here. I'm looking for nice usability :) and good prices. (budget mouses :)
Thanks

-pops- 07:49 12 Jun 2003

Suggest an optical mouse (no ball to get gunged up). NOT a cordless - these need feeding with batteries or be put on a charger (which many people forget to do - result - mouseless or back to you old one).

I use Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer. Not the cheapest (not the most expensive either, I got this one free though as an extra with M$ Office XP). It's in daily use, all day and still going strong after more than a year. This is the longest time a mouse has worked with me, most previous (cheap) ones giving up after about six months. Just had a look at its underside and there's not a trace of muck or gunge.

I use a piece of white paper as a mousemat which doubles as a doodle pad which I throw out when it's grubby or full of doodles/notes.

Brian

Mysticnas 12:27 12 Jun 2003

MS mice are usually the best mice. Most people use them. I got my MS Intellimouse mouse optical for around £40 over 2yrs ago. I didn't get the explorer because i'm left handed, and it's pitty that a lot of the more decent mice are specifically contoured for the RIGHTY's!!!!

NOT FAIR!!!

Sir Radfordin™ 13:03 12 Jun 2003

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer is a great mouse with good range on the wireless front.

Insider info: Misco (click here) buy them for £28.20 and sell them for about £38. Bought one from them for £35.

fatsam 13:32 12 Jun 2003

Would agree that intellimouse explorer (V.3) is the way to go. I bought mine for less than £25.00 from click here

It's oem with no nice packaging or software but you can download the intellipoint software from Microsoft FOC.

canard 18:47 12 Jun 2003

Ebuyer do VERY inexpensive optical mice. Mine and dickmay's [he put me on to this superbuy] are performing really well.

wee eddie 19:20 12 Jun 2003

I know it's Time's front window, but it was cheap. Under a tenner at the time, now about £12.

Nearly a year old, goes everywhere in my ruck sack and even works on a grass lawn, although it did jump about a bit there.

The Spires 19:35 12 Jun 2003

'even works on a grass lawn' each to his/her own. ;-)

SGT BARNES 19:41 12 Jun 2003

BUY THE LOGITECH MX700 , ITS OPTICAL , CORDLESS , AND RECHARGEABLE , IT GOES A WHOLE WEEK WITHOUT NEEDING TO BE RECHARGED .

YOU'LL NEVER NEED ANYTHING ELSE AND IT OUT PERFORMS ALL THE OTHERS.

-pops- 19:46 12 Jun 2003

"IT GOES A WHOLE WEEK WITHOUT NEEDING TO BE RECHARGED ."

Firstly, there is no need to shout.

Second, I wonder how many times users have forgotten to recharge and the mouse has died on them mid-stroke?

mole44 20:09 12 Jun 2003

lucky me got sent logitec corless keyboard and optical mouse by mistake,told logitec,they said keep it,lucky me i`d recomend it its a great piece of kit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?