mobilefun.co.uk

jimmylove 18:43 19 Oct 2004

I ordered a 512mb memory stick pro for a decent price from them on OCt 14th. Their website stated it was in stock and available for immediate disptach. Got an email the next day saying it was out of stock - no other information like an ETA was included. However every day since I placed the order their website is still showing it as in stock and avilable for immediate dispatch. They also charged my card the same day I placed the order which infuriates me. They haven't responded to my emails asking for an estimated delivery date and to explain why they are still advertising it as in stock. Surely this is unethical and bordering on misrepresentation? If they know an item is not in stock do they not have a legal obligation to amend the site to say so?

spuds 22:42 19 Oct 2004

I notice that the memory is still 'in stock', have you checked their tracking system with your order invoice number.

Taking payment before despatching an order isn't very nice,and I fully agree with your comment, but some companies still use this practise as a buffer for cash flow. If the company have given false information, then this will come under the Misrepresentation Act 1967, but I think in a case like this, it would be very difficult to prove, considering the short time scale that you have allowed since ordering the item.

jimmylove 07:38 20 Oct 2004

Yeah I hcecked their tracking system and it states that they are 'waiting for stock'. Take your point, I just find it irritating. Especially when they don't respond to emails and it takes 20 minutes on hold to get anyone on the phone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017