Mobile upgrade

helly1987 19:45 03 Nov 2006

Hi everyone,
Just looking for some advice really. I'm due to receive an upgrade at the start of next month and I was wondering if anyone could suggest any decent handsets. For the past few years I've always chosen samsungs but I'm starting to become a litlle tired of them and was maybe thinking of switching to a nokia or sony ericsson. Only problem is I have no idea what is out there and what they are like!
Also does anyone know of some new handsets which are due to be released around december or january time because I could always hold on if a newer, more up to date model is due to be realesed.
Preferably I'm looking for something small, with all the latest features, although I'm not too bothered about an mp3 player as I constantly have my ipod with me anyway!!
Any suggestions of what to get (or alternatively what not to get if you've had a bad experience!) would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks
Helen

lisa02 21:45 03 Nov 2006

Sony Ericsson W950i

birdface 06:32 06 Nov 2006

Newer does not always mean better, Always go for one that has a good reputation.Lisa02 selection is one of those,Go into phone shop, ask what thier best seller is,I always look through this before choosing one, it always helps, click here. Best of luck with your new phone.

v1asco 08:35 06 Nov 2006

I have a sony-ericsonn k800. Has a gigabyte card so it does away with my ipod and a 3.3mp camera.Check all the networks as they have some good half price rental deals at the moment.
The sony 850i is 10 months half price line rental with gig card and speakers with 3. This is supposedly the 'phone walkman'.
O2 are also giving good deals across networks too.

click here

Also try the whats new or coming soon sections in carphone warehouse and the manufacturers sites
for example
click here
click here

and finally this site does loads of reviews if you want 3g and worth a look in any case.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache