Mobile phone contracts and number porting

VNAM75 14:52 10 Aug 2005

I'll be getting a new mobile phone on an o2 contract and I want to transfer my existing number from my Pay as you go phone, also on o2. Is this possible and would the o2 network do this free of charge? Also, when the 12 month contract expires can I go back to Pay as you go using the new phone?

Al94 15:16 10 Aug 2005

Very unlikely but ask O2. I think you can only port a number when moving from one provider to another.

Fellsider 16:55 11 Aug 2005

Are you effectively saying that you want to change from PAYG to a Monthly contract?

If that is the case I would think that O2 will roll out the red carpet for you.

If they are still doing the offer that I got in May, if you sign up for 18 Months you get 50% calls & Texts extra Free and in my case I got a bluetooth phone and a free bluetooth headset.

Fellsider 16:57 11 Aug 2005

I think that this offer is only available at O2 shops but after the contract expires the phone is yours so you should be able to do as you want.

VNAM75 21:53 11 Aug 2005

Yes, I want to change from 02 payg to o2 contract and at the same time keep my payg number. Anyway, this has been resolved now since I have duplicated this subject in speakers corner. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone