Mobile Phone Contracts

VoG II 19:31 06 Jan 2005

Any ideas on the cheapest / most cost effective contracts that give you unlimited free texts?

This is posted on behalf of li'l Ms VoG but as the bill will probably be "passed upwards", accurate advice would be appreciated ;o)

The Regster 19:59 06 Jan 2005

It seems that the networks are not as generous as they used to be. They must have cottoned onto the fact that customers like Ms VoG generate lots of revenue with the 'txtng'.

3 months unlimited texts are offered by 3 (if you have coverage).

click here

But it stops after the 3 months.

Orange offer 1000 free monthly texts in the evening (after 8pm which is a short evening) if you take out a £15 monthly contract.

click here

Or for £20 p/m Orange offer 3000 texts only

click here

I have no idea if that is sufficient for the really text hungry.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

VoG II 12:37 07 Jan 2005

That's very helpful, thanks very much.

Any other comments before I close this?

sgoku 12:58 07 Jan 2005

look into click here they offer good contract deals that you dont find in the high street also they offer pay as you go with 300 texts per month but you have to top up with £10 once a month

rogertjj 13:47 07 Jan 2005

or even try click here

they seem to be one of the cheapest around, and cheaper than going to the network direct

Amyfa 19:11 07 Jan 2005

I have O2 online contract with 500 text and 500 off peak mins to land line or O2 mobiles a month

shizzy 19:28 07 Jan 2005

Orange on PAYGo did an 'Out Here' package which was 5 free texts a day for £19-99 a year but I don't know if you can still get that. When we changed to Orange about 4 years ago it was 5 a day for a one off £15 which we still use. They cut it down to 3 a couple of years ago but then reinstated them as they 'hadn't took into account customers reactions' and even reimbursed us for any extra cost.

VoG II 09:05 08 Jan 2005

Thanks folks. That's given us some places to start.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?