Mobile Phone

jaraba 00:47 22 Oct 2010

Looked at getting a new Nokia phone and looked at the 5228.
A few reviews ok but a couple less than complinentary.
Anybody had/used this phone?

D@ve 12:28 24 Oct 2010

I know several people that have owned the Nokia 5800 click here which appears to be a similar phone. I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend it.

These phones use resistive touchscreens, as opposed to capacitive touchscreens found on high end smartphones, and it really does make them much more difficult to use.

In fact, come to think of it, everyone I know that owns a resistive touchscreen (including Nokia, Samsung and LG models) state that they HATE touchscreens, where as everyone I know that has a capacitive touchscreen loves them.

It's not just the screen that let the 5800 down. The software is typical Symbian which is now dated and doesn't give you the freedom that modern mobile Operating Systems do. I suspect that will be the same for the 5228.

Sorry to be so negative about it, but I would recommend you consider a few alternatives first. Do you particularly want a touchscreen? I know the 5228 isn't too expensive, and I think you might find a better non-touchscreen phone at that price.

D@ve 12:41 24 Oct 2010

Samsung Monte - £100 - click here - review - click here

Nokia 6700 Slide - £105 - click here - Review - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?