Mobile Internet

paulw1974 12:50 27 Jun 2007

Bit of a basic query but was just wondering what was the cheapest way to access the internet on the move.

I am on an o2 contract with a Nokia N73 phone so have no problem with access, but is it very expensive. Similarly,if I use my laptop and use my mobile as a modem it is handy but expensive.

If someone offers unlimited access at a set rate per month I could look at that, either via a data card for my mobile or an add on with my mobile phone contract.

Would like to hear from anyone else and what they use.

Cheers

Abi-Moore 13:14 27 Jun 2007

i use tmobile £7.50 per month add on to my phone contract,then use phone for access to the net or use as a modem with laptop
I typically access the net 20 hours a week with no additional charges on top of the £7.50(surfing)except onspeed annual cost
its a business contract wether that makes a difference or not,im unsure.
t mobile also have a data card at £29.99 per month
click here

jaritch 08:46 28 Jun 2007

Vodafone are also doing a £7.50 per month unlimited with the first month free

paulw1974 22:39 06 Jul 2007

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately I am tied in to my o2 account so the tmobile add on and the vodaphone offer won't help me.

Looking at my options I think the best solution would be to go with T-Mobile's Web and Walk plan at £29 per month using a USB modem.

Any other advice?

rich1601 15:28 27 Jul 2007

T-Mobile would be the best option because with the USB modem you get HSDPA access wherever there is 3G coverage (Vodafone don't have HSDPA coverage everywhere) and the fair use policy is less stringent.

anyone here use Web'n'Walk on their phone? can you access all internet sites and how does it display the pages on a small screen?

wint 00:27 29 Jul 2007

Just moved from o2 (because of their very high data tariffs) to T-Mobile with a Vario 2 phone (same as HTC TyTn and o2 Trion).

Web"n"Walk allows full internet access (no blocked sites in my experience) at £7.50 in addition to your voice plan. It says unlimited but the fair use policy says 1GB which is ample, as far as I am concerned, on a small screen.

To use as a modem you are supposed to use the Web"n"Walk Plus at £12.50 - this does give some extras including unlimited = 3Gb with the fair usage policy.

On my Vario 2, 320 x 240 screen, I am very happy with the results and can work my way around most web sites. Not mastered flash & some java facilities yet but I will (I hope).

I am, so far, very happy with the Web"n"Walk 3G & HSDPA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017