Missing Recorded Delivery Letter

Mark5001 05:24 20 Feb 2006

I sent £40 to SVP Communications on thursday last week. I ordered some DVD cases and another item and paid extra for a special saturday delivery. I had not recieved a notice of by e-mail that it had been sent on the friday so I went to the site and my account said it was still pending. After sending a mail I recieved one back saying that they had not got the payment. Yet using the 13 digit code on the recorded delivery receipt, Royal Mail have stated that it was delivered to the company in question and signed for. They are still insisting though that no letter has been recieved. I have written an e-mail to fair trading but i'm not sure that is the right thing to do. What if anything can I do next?

Wuggy 07:42 20 Feb 2006

Contact Royal Mail for proof of delivery.
Details here click here

Mark5001 11:08 20 Feb 2006

Solved. I recieved an e-mail a few minutes ago.
"HI
We have just fond your payment as it was in a sack of parcels containing returns delivered by Royal Mail that have not yet been sorted.
Obviously had it been in the normal post it would have been dealt within the normal way and sent out immediatley"

I thought that normal post included recorded delivery as it requires a signature on delivery and is then scanned. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?