Missing items from eclipsecomputers.com

ken9 16:05 23 Dec 2004

Hello I ordered 3 items for my order from click here. It seems that most of my goods have arrived but there were some items missing: it said i would receive a pack of 10 mice but i got 1, my graphics card does not have DVI and my graphics card was not supplied with the games software it should have done. Here is the email i send to their sales and customer services department i send on the same day the goods arrived: 16/12/04

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to send a complaint that my MSI 128Mb GeForce FX5200 AGP8x Graphics Card did not come with any of the software that I was told I would be getting at the bottom. The code name is MSI MS-8936-Z06 GCM-AFXT128 and it clearly states at the bottom that “Software : Ghost Recon / Duke Nukem:Manhattan Project / Morro” However, to my surprise and utter disbelief, these pieces of software did not arrive with my order when I opened up the box. Also on the specifications on the bottom, it read: “DVI Out : DVI-I” and “Dual View : Yes” However, again to my surprise I could not find a slot to fit my DVI monitor. The web address to your website is click here.

Secondly I would like to point out that my Logitech B58 Black Premium Optical Wheel Mouse Logitech 930995 MUL-B58BK had stated in the text below it that “Ships in a multi-pack containing 10 units ideal for system integration.” Thinking that there would be 10 mice in the package I was interested in buying it. However, only one arrived. I thought there would be ten because the other version Logitech 953688 MUL-OPTOEMBK only contained one and was cheaper. The web address for the one I bought is: click here and the other version is click here.

My email address is [email protected]. My order number is 212639. My home phone is 02083080489 if you would like to phone me. I would like the missing products to be delivered to me or some sort of agreement between us about the information on your website and my order.

Yours truly,

Ken To

It has been a week and i have still had no reply, any advice???

spuds 16:39 23 Dec 2004

Giving personal details via a forum site is not recommended, and I would advice that you think of all the safety issues attached to this.

Regarding the missing items could be a case of 'out of stock'but it could also be a case of the packer reading the despatch note wrongly.I have dealt with Eclipse of Coventry [there are two Eclipse Computer companies]a few times,and in each case I have had no reason to complain, but I also know of people who have had bad experiences with this company.It seems as though when this company makes any mistakes, then it can be a long uphill journey to get satisfaction, but on the other hand, when things go right then everyones more than satisfied with Eclipses service.

Try sending another email, but be prepared for a non response as Eclipse do not reply to non sales emails very promptly. You could also check your rights via click here

Sans le Sou 20:28 23 Dec 2004

Something funny here, the picture only shows one monitor socket presumably the D-Sub.

Sans le Sou 20:37 23 Dec 2004

click here No DVI mentioned here, must have wrong description on their site.

Sans le Sou 20:46 23 Dec 2004

click here This is what you should have or something similar.

Sans le Sou 20:52 23 Dec 2004

Hello - I don't think you can expect 10 optical mice for £10.52 inc VAT, but I agree the descriptions and ordering information do leave a lot to be desired. Best to steer clear of this lot in the future I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017