Missing BT Openzone Voucher

segul111 09:05 01 Sep 2006

I recently (2 months) upgraded my BT account to an Option 3 Total Broadband package and got all the benefits of that account with the exception of one, the free 250 wifi minutes voucher.

After countless telephone calls, demands (some heated) for the voucher to be sent and chats to ever so helpful(sic) call centre personnel in India!, the problem has failed to be resolved by BT.

I resolved it myself. I was messing about with BT email and found that they have upgraded it and suddenly there's a folder called 'Trash' and there in that folder was several emails from BT with my voucher in it.

My advice to BT would be to give the right information and tell your client to check that they have the latest email server loaded and to give us a direct dial number to sales rather than the 10 minute button pushing automated answer service they currently employ!

Stuartli 15:52 01 Sep 2006

Have you rung BT to apologise..:-)

segul111 12:30 03 Sep 2006

no...I don't earn a million pounds a minute so why should I have to apologise?

Stuartli 16:03 03 Sep 2006

Because BT had, in fact, sent the e-mails...:-)

By the way, BT handles millions of phone calls a week and, on that basis, should expect to make some money.

Remember it has invested many, many millions (billions even) of pounds on creating the infrastructure in the first place.

Businesses are not charities - they need to make a reasonable profit to ensure that 1) they remain in business 2) they return a useful share dividend (on which your future or present pension fund managers may have a large stake) and 3) to keep people in gainful employment and be able to pay the taxes that keep Gordon Brown so happy...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?