Misled by Virgin.co.uk

jakimo 16:18 01 May 2007

When ordering their cable Broadband & Phone package on the web (£10 off installation offer)I found there was no modem information I phoned the helpline,and my query was dealt with.

The phone operative then said she could take my order, offer £10 off the installation charge and a further £20 off the first monthly payment she confirmed the offer,to good to miss I thought!,and of course it was.

The Virgin contract arrived today,requesting my signature,but no £10 off installation or £20 off first monthly payment, now waiting for someone to phone with an explanation,or there will be no signature

Forum Editor 17:27 01 May 2007

to say that you were mislead by Virgin.

Someone's made a mistake, and I'm sure it can be put right. As you say, you won't be signing unless it is put right, and you haven't lost anything, so no real harm has been done.

jakimo 22:03 01 May 2007

Over reacting, I think not!.My bank account has been debited the instalation fee,(installation not untill 29th May)and Im still waiting for a return phone call which was to be before 10PM

Rayuk 18:34 02 May 2007

click here

May have some advise for you from others who have been in the same boat as you.

Forum Editor 18:38 02 May 2007

has been debited the instalation fee"

You didn't say that in your original post. If you had, I wouldn't have said you were overreacting.

Recently signed up for Virgin myself. Found them OK. In the smallprint on the website it does say any "free" offers are charged for then you receive a credit to cancel out the fee. That's exactly what happened with me. Got "charged" installation on install, then received a credit on first full month's bill.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?