Mio / Eatay.com woes

QinesiQ 17:25 18 May 2007

On 30 April I bought a Mio P350 from eatay.com.
When it didn’t arrive on the expected day I phoned up and was told it had gone astray. They sent another which arrived the next day.
I found the unit froze, did not reset, buttons did not respond and eventually the unit would not power on at all.
I made several attempts to contact them by phone but they were always engaged. On one occasion I heard the receiver being picked up and put down again.
I contacted my credit card and alerted them. They began investigations.
I went to Mio’s website. I could not find any numbers to call except for a premium rate (35ppm technical support). I sent Mio an email to say that I was having problems with the unit and the retailer – they virtually told me tough!
I went online looking for other phone numbers for Eatay and found that they are also known as Rankhour.com and C&A Electronics.
I called another number and this time I was able to get through. I told the representative about my problems. He was reluctant to do anything but I eventually persuaded him to allow me to return the unit which I did so by RM Special. They should have received it the next working day. I enclosed a polite covering letter explaining problems and that the unit was not of SQ or FFP.
I have heard nothing from them since so I phoned the same number and I was told that someone would contact me. The Rep then discontinued the call. He did not know who I was nor take any details.

The upside to this story is that my credit card cannot find any payment to Eatay from my account. I was very surprised since I don’t know how it is that they sent the item out without taking payment. Anyway, in view of the faulty unit and my concerns over trying to contact the retailer I have probably been very ‘lucky’ to be just £7-odd pounds down for the return.

I now don’t think I fancy a Mio considering that they are so difficult to contact.
I’ve since found out that the unit frequently ships faulty click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?