Mid Range Laptop

roxylady 19:23 26 Jan 2008

Help please
I am looking for a mid range laptop between £6-£700 I will be using it mainly for the internet, downloading music and photos (lots), as well as the usual word processing etc. I also do alot of copying dat to CD and DVD as well as watching DVDs and I also play a few games. I will mainly use my computer at home but my daughter who is a student will obviously take it with her.
I have been looking at laptops in the shops and on the net and nwy mind has blown so please help. Originally I thought of the HP DV9657EM or the Toshiba Satelite P200 - 1EE, mainly because they looked nice Thanx for any help

Clapton is God 19:55 26 Jan 2008

"mainly because they looked nice"

Which is not exactly the best criteria to use when buying a laptop.

click here You won't go wrong.

roxylady 13:58 27 Jan 2008

Thank you for your reply and yes it does sound silly but we females go for looks. Anyway what makes Dell so "good" and I have just spied a Sony VGN-AR61E (new) that looks really cool (not looks) What are your thoughts Thanx so much

wjrt 19:25 27 Jan 2008
  wjrt 19:30 27 Jan 2008

configure with 256mb 8600M GT graphics and up the battery to 9 cell and you get a very good laptop for about £550 and Dell are good

roxylady 20:07 27 Jan 2008

thank you one and all for your advice and I am now looking at Dell, but no-one has actually said what is wrong with Sony? Is it just the price?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?