Is Microsoft listening at last?

961 20:14 13 May 2005

I see that Microsoft is reviewing the terms of its various licenses in order to make them more understandable

click here

As a long term supporter of Bill's software I hope this can lead to a better relationship between us (the buyers) and him (the guy who let us use computers)

Forum Editor 20:36 13 May 2005

I've been telling them to do this for the past two years - I even offered to write the new version for them.

Perhaps they're listening more than we think?

obbit 21:32 13 May 2005

They are thinking of a yearly subscription instead of a one off fee. I would expect them to increase it each year. A nice little earner.

CMC 42 21:54 13 May 2005

[Quote] They are thinking of a yearly subscription instead of a one off fee. I would expect them to increase it each year. A nice little earner.[/Quote]

That sounds more like Microsoft.
I thought I was hallucinating when I saw Microsoft and Listening (without a no) in a sentance!!

Forum Editor 08:47 14 May 2005

that in fact lots of people would prefer to pay an annual licence fee, rather than have to fork out a substantial lump sum for, say Microsoft Office.

Microsoft isn't necessarily aiming for a "nice little earner" when considering (and it's only being considered) this method - many people think that piracy rates would fall, and the registered user base would increase if the software could be had for a relatively low annual fee.

As for "I thought I was hallucinating...." I have been involved with Microsoft in one way or another for a long time now, and I know that over the past couple of years the company has changed out of all recognition when it comes to talking (and listening) to its customers - at least that's been my experience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie