Microsoft agrees $1.1bn lawsuit deal

TOPCAT® 15:16 11 Jan 2003
  TOPCAT® 15:16 11 Jan 2003

'The US software giant reaches a massive compensation agreement in California after being accused of overcharging.'

click here

powerless 15:40 11 Jan 2003

"...."Microsoft, has agreed to give away vouchers worth more than a billion dollars...."

They were stalling and eventually gave in.

"Some 13 million Californian businesses and individuals will be offered the vouchers to purchase computer equipment and software including, if they want, non-Microsoft products."

What, no money?

"It involved accusations that Microsoft overcharged customers in California and abused its dominant market position." Why California?

"Lawyers say the agreement could also benefit three million children in thousands of California schools." ...Good...

blaa blaa blaa

Its interesting that, i mean Mr Gates himself could afford to pay $1.1bn out of his own personal fortune.

In some ways i admire him. ;-)

But at the sametime why didnt he make Windows 98 not crash. I'm fed up having to rush upstairs to sort the old computer out. Me computer with XP no problems as yet...

OH...."The offer must still be approved by the judge hearing the case." So its not final.

spuds 16:31 11 Jan 2003

If the offer is approved, could this lead to the floodgates being opened!!.

rickf 16:37 11 Jan 2003

This is good news even though I like anduse Ms products. Monopoly is just not healthy!

barrie_g 17:07 11 Jan 2003

so you never know the next version of Windows might be a more reasonable price (at least in California)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?