Microland forum presence?

Baz63 18:20 05 Sep 2004

I recently ordered a graphics card from Microland, their website representing the item was in stock. It transpired it was not. My credit card was debited (£359) immediately on placing my order, despite the fact it was not in stock. I am now trying to get my money refunded. I am familiar with the law and also Microland now that I have done the research I probably should have done before placing the order.

Anyway, so much for Microland's forum presence. I used the email address helpfully provided on the Carolyne thread on Microland. This is the message I got:

"*Auto Repsonse* Please read carefully

If you are emailing Microland in response to one of our staff specifically requesting you to your email will be forwarded to them and read. If however you are not then no action will be taken with this email. Please contact [email protected] or [email protected] dpending on your enquiry".

Am I yet another victim of Microland?

It's Me 20:39 05 Sep 2004

We are getting to the point when we are in need of a 'forum' just for Microland.

As a past sufferer, I am interseted in all things to do with this business.

Forum Editor 21:03 05 Sep 2004

don't appear to be honouring their promise to respond to problems posted in the forum.

carolyne 15:50 06 Sep 2004

seems as if the situation is getting worse not better, this week alone ive read 4 new cases with microland.

Dorsai 18:43 06 Sep 2004

They do seem to be having 'stock control' problems don't they.

i payed a quick visit.

I picked 5 items at random. The most interesting itme was listed as 'Status: This product is temporarily unavailable'

So i added it to the basket. the expexted shipping time, 998 days.

Part number AC9653..Ok so it's only a £11.30, but they expect it to ship some time in 2007...

Why are they still letting it be ordered, when they think it take 998 days to get?

Baz63 19:38 06 Sep 2004

It's me,

Some links which may interest you:

1)click here

2) click here

3) click here

4) click here

5) click here

It's Me 20:06 06 Sep 2004

Thank you, very interesting. They really are trying to make a name for themselves, and that name is --- er, well, not good.

Barge Poles come to mind!

Dorsai 20:12 06 Sep 2004

I won't comment, libel/slander etc.

Just read what others have said, many times. Then draw your own conclusion.

Dorsai 20:23 06 Sep 2004

Does no one think it strange that they are knowingly selling somthing that they advertise as taking 2.7 years to arrive, on the door step...

If you don't believe me, yellow envelop me, i'll send the screen dump by return (unles i get loads of requests, might take time to process), i have the screen dump after all....

and if they monitor this site, how long before they don't sell it anymore?

But i'll bet the money is taken as soon as the order placed....

IMHO.

Valvegrid 22:50 06 Sep 2004

If your credit card was debited have you received the bill yet? If you have received it, don't pay it yet but speak to your credit card company, they will probably take a dim view of their activities.

Baz63 17:36 07 Sep 2004

On Sunday 7th September I sent an email to Microland asking why my card had been debited when the graphics card was not in stock. I made the following observation and ultimatum:

" I see from click here and click here and click here and click here this practice of debiting cards on phantom goods is a frequent occurrence with Microland Technology.

Therefore, I expect confirmation from you that my credit card has been credited with a full refund by 5pm, Tuesday 7th September 2004, and for this to have been actually done, otherwise I shall be contacting BBC Watchdog and Stockport Trading Standards ".

I received the following reply from Microland today:

" I am pleased to confirm that your refund will be processed back to your card today. Please allow 3 working days for the money to appear in your account".

A prompt response and problem solved.Although I regret having to resort to threats to get my dosh back.

Pip pip.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone