Mesh Warranty

seagulls 16:16 05 Nov 2006

I purchased a Mesh Matrix64 3200 system two and a half years ago with a three year on site hardware warranty. I am now into my fifth major system failure, one of which was repaired via the telephone, one by an engineer visiting on site and the last two by having to return the machine to Mesh. I have only had the machine back for five days after Mesh took over 5 weeks to replace faulty hard drives. Today the system refuses to boot either in normal mode or via Norton Go Back. When I tried to boot from the Mesh recovery system I was faced with a message that said no valid Windows operating system could be found and that I should contact Mesh.

I work from home and am getting fed up with being without my pc for weeks at a time especially after paying for the extended warranty. It seems that I have three choices. Firstly to contact Mesh on Monday and then get told to return the machine and be without it for weeks again. Secondly forget Mesh and take it to a local pc repair shop and get it back the next day. Thirdly kick up as much fuss as possible with Mesh in the hope that they might replace the machine. It is probably coincidence but earlier this week after five weeks of Mesh saying they had not got round to looking at the machine, within hours of e-mailing them to threaten action in the small claims court, they rang me to say they had repaired the machine and would return it the next day.

Sorry, this is more of a cathartic rant than a request for help, but if anyone has any practical suggestions they will be gratefully received!

season8 16:25 05 Nov 2006

Have you tried [email protected] for help on this, he does look at these posts so he might be able to move things along a bit.

spuds 18:42 05 Nov 2006

Duplicate thread running click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?