Mesh trying to get better survey results?

grumpy-git 10:32 13 Sep 2004

About 5 days after receiving my new Mesh pc (which now has problems described in another topic on this forum) I actually received a 'phone call from Mesh to see if I was happy with the pc!

As I had barely done more than put it together & was trying to familiarise myself with XP (previous pc's were ME, 98 & 95) no problems had arisen at that point. The call from Mesh really impressed me, they asked me to complete a survey (for PCPro I think) but now I wonder if they would have asked me to complete it if I had said the pc was unsatisfactory.

Would any of you think they were "trying to fiddle the figures?"

I think I will write to the editor of that magazine and tell him, or do all suppliers do the same thing?

fishyfingers 11:03 13 Sep 2004

How long has the survey been going on?

I bought my PC back in January and got a call a few weeks later asking if all was ok. The person calling didn't mention anything about a survey then and I was over the moon about my PC.

grumpy-git 11:11 13 Sep 2004

my pc arrived July 14th so it was about July 19th 2004 when I was contacted

fishyfingers 11:38 13 Sep 2004

I can't find the survey you referred to. Thinking about it, I don't they'd run a survey over 7-8 months so the survey wouldn't have been running when I bought my PC.

grumpy-git 12:19 13 Sep 2004

Seems the survey is now closed. I was given a link to it from the Mesh web site, that link says the survey is now closed, but I will write to the editor of PCPro with my comments

Stuartli 14:35 13 Sep 2004

Conspiracy theories are wonderful talking points but are usually far removed from the truth.

Forum Editor 00:21 14 Sep 2004

Precisely. I'm quite sure that Mesh have not been " trying to fiddle the figures" in this way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?