MESH - Time tit takes

techie4me 14:05 26 Oct 2007

My parents MESH PC seems to have devolped a fault.
They ring MESH and get told the turn around time is between 6 to 10 weeks.

They are still within the warranty period, but this makes little difference MESH say. Is this turnaround time normal!

techie4me 14:06 26 Oct 2007

MESH - Time it takes

MESH Support 14:48 26 Oct 2007

Hi techie4me,

Could you clarify with your parents who they rang as the current turnaround time is 5-7 working days?

Or better still if you have it, email me their Mesh Order Number to [email protected] and I'll have and engineer contact them directly to advise them further.

Davey

techie4me 18:16 26 Oct 2007

Cheers for that Davey.

But i think it's all a bit to late, my folks seem to have had enough of the their "Mesh Experience" & may well go to a local PC shop.

They realise that their Warranty will be void but feel that it's a small price to pay to get the job done quickly.

As this is their 3rd Mesh PC it seems you may have lost a long standing customer!

Colin 19:36 26 Oct 2007

They should at least let Mesh try to sort it out first rather than believe what they want to believe. Davey has given you the correct time scales, so what have they got to lose?

techie4me 16:19 27 Oct 2007

I have nothing to loose at all.

My parents have made numerous calls over the last few weeks to MESH over their current problem. Only when i post here on their behalf, hey presto MESH want to help!

As said in my previous post it's up to my parents what they want to do.

Forum Editor 16:43 27 Oct 2007

Yes, it is, nobody can argue with that, but you asked a question "Is this turnaround time normal!
" and someone from Mesh answered you, saying that it isn't normal, and offered to sort the problem out.

Saying that your parents may well go to a local PC shop to get help seems a little odd to me; as Colin has pointed out, they really have nothing to lose by allowing Mesh to repair the fault. Once a third-party has opened the case the remainder of the warranty will be void, and I strongly recommend that your parents reconsider.

techie4me 17:54 27 Oct 2007

Will be contacting MESH/Davey next week on behalf of my parents.

Acx 00:29 28 Oct 2007

I must agree with you, that if someone from Mesh said 6-10 weeks turn around time, I would react the same as you, also having to post on a forum to get Mesh's true position is not good for thier customer relations.

But I agree with Colin and the FE, give Davey/Mesh a chance and send it back - you can always keep us updated as to what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?