Mesh tech support

astra46 20:21 13 Oct 2003

I had a problem with my pc on Friday. I could not load up windows. I had the message the system32/config/file is missing or corrupt.

I telephoned Mesh tech support twice. They gave me the incorrect advice. They first suggested i try chkdsk / r on the xp recovery tool this did not work. When i rang on Friday morning. They then suggested that i could have a hard drive problem, and to ring their software support line to get advice on the xp recovery tool. They gave the incorrect number.

Luckly i managed to recover xp, and the problem is now resolved.

It cost me £10 as i used a mobile as i was not getting home from work until after 6, when their tech support is closed.

powerless 20:26 13 Oct 2003
  Andybear 20:27 13 Oct 2003

Unfortunately this is typical of Mesh's technical support - in my experience anyway - this sort of thing happens to me every time I ring them. Now I just come to this forum instead. At least the advice I get here is generally correct - and it's free!

fitfella29 20:44 13 Oct 2003

you`ll learn more from these forums trying to fix problems yourself than trying to get help from mesh.

astra46 20:46 13 Oct 2003

Was i correct to use the mesh xp recovery disk to reinstall xp? As my pc has not been running correct since, crashing when i try to reinstall my graphics card driver disk. And problems browsing the net. I was on the telephone for nearly one hour to pipes on Saturday!

astra46 20:47 13 Oct 2003

Typing error i mean Pipex.

beeuuem 21:52 13 Oct 2003

The information from click here
for this problem seems simpler than that of MS and, from experience, I know it does work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone