Mesh Repair Service

Pyrrhic24 01:00 14 Aug 2010

Hi all,

I bought a new MESH desktop in February of this year and it ran like a dream. It was close to my dream PC given my budget.

Back in early July the PSU (self diagnosed) blew out, no problems it is guaranteed. So I sent it back.

I received it back late July and with confirmation that it is the PSU which has failed, fine. Not fine is the fact that my case is ruined, so much so I can't get usb ports to fit, the front is hanging off so I would not like to try and load a cd/ etc. The side panels are not fitted correctly and not even using the correct screws.

So I sent it out with a pristine unit bar the PSU and I receive back a ruined case and god knows what internal damage.

I'm fighting for a complete replacement at the least as this is a clear breach of contract.

Cheers,
Pyrrhic

Forum Editor 01:05 14 Aug 2010

you're in contact with the company about this?

Pyrrhic24 09:40 14 Aug 2010

yes I am in contact with MESH regarding this. Have not yet heard back from them but it is still early days so that is fair enough.

If you think this post is unfair I will remove it but I thought it was relevant as this damage was obviously not done in transit but at their repair depo and thought it would be of interest to anyone who might be considering buying a new PC.

iscanut 10:41 14 Aug 2010

Post is in no way unfair..keep us posted.

Forum Editor 18:31 14 Aug 2010

except perhaps for your comment that "this is a clear breach of contract." That's a different matter altogether, and doesn't really apply here.

I suggest that we wait to hear from you again, once the company has responded.

MESH Support 12:09 16 Aug 2010

I am very sorry to read that you have received your PC back in this way.

Was there any sign of damage on the packaging at all, and if so have you kept it?

I assume you have in some way contacted the support department but if you have not already done so, and are able to, the best course of action to help us would be to take digital pictures of the damage (and packaging if applicable) and send them to [email protected] with your details.

If there is damage to the packaging some urgency is required as there is a time limitation on claims with the courier.

Davey

Pyrrhic24 19:44 17 Aug 2010

Hi all,

Thanks for all your responses.

@Mesh Support
I have sent it back to you with the pictures included, I have also included a link to a public album of them on picasa (as the hard copies are not great definition.) I did try to send them to your [email protected] address, as requested by the initial customer services agent (CSA) I spoke to, but unfortunately it bounced back on me. When I spoke to another of your CSA's he informed me that this address would not accept pictures and advised me to send them with the PC. I have sent the original email back to your address without the pictures attached and am awaiting a response. I understand it might not be until you receive my base unit, which should arrive at your repair depo tomorrow.

There does not appear to be any damage to the external packaging, I have included pictures of this as well, and the fact that the side panels clearly do not seem to have been fitted correctly leads me to believe that this is not a transit problem.

Cheers
Pyr

Pyrrhic24 10:13 04 Sep 2010

finally got back my desktop today. Looking good at the moment. I did request getting my guarantee extended as I have basically been without it for 2 months now through no fault of my own but have not heard back on that front.

Thanks to all those who helped.

Forum Editor 12:29 04 Sep 2010

for coming back to your thread with the update - not everyone bothers to do that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?