11. I tried the above, despite the frankly obscenely incompetent and uncaring advice I had been given. It did not work.
12. I tried the above on the slave hard-drive I had purchased as part of the pc set-up. It failed to work.
13. I purchased a new hard drive at the cost of £40. This was an IDE drive, it had been suggested that I use this to find the problem with the drives you supplied.
14. The recovery disk, copy of Windows XP I had paid you for in full, failed to install on to this disk. Hence, I knew a virus or similar issue could not be at fault.
15. I telephoned your customer services on Monday 3rd April, it was arranged that my pc be collected the following day, to achieve this I was given an RMA number and in explicit detail I created an A4 label to be pasted to the pc carriage box for collection. I was given a categorical assurance that the pc would be repaired and returned to me by Saturday 8th April.
16. The day of collection, despite being assured an early collection, I greeted the deliveryman at approximately 2.30pm. He had the wrong details, having been given an incorrect customer name by your staff. I corrected this on every copy of his paperwork and allowed the pc to be delivered to you.
17. Concerned that the pc may have not reached Mesh, due to the incorrect collection name, I telephoned your repair centre. They confirmed they had my system safely. But, as I had not included an RMA number they would be unable to look at it that day, therefore missing the deadline promised previously. Note: The RMA number had been included, when I pointed this out, the member of staff went to check, and had to concede it had been clearly marked, your staff had made an error of some sort.
18. I telephoned Mesh to query the status of my pc on no less than 4 separate occasions over the course of the following week. Not once did I receive a reply call as I had requested on EACH of my calls to your office. I asked only for an update, this was never forthcoming.
19. Wednesday 19th April I received a call from your repair centre, they informed me that sound drive was faulty. I pointed out that I knew this, and had reported it on numerous occasions as detailed above.
20. The engineer attempted to convince me that the soundcard had not been supplied by Mesh and therefore was outside of his remit to correct. However, he quickly had to concede that it had indeed come from you as a part of the initial build and he would deal with it.
21. I asked the engineer if I could have him configure the hard drives into a raid formation (as co-incidentally I had requested by phone at the time of order, this being agreed to by your salesman). This seemed an impossibility without further complications.
22. As detailed at the start of my letter, today has seen no improvement in service from your company. I now find myself having to wait until Monday to speak to your customer services, yet again at my own personal expense.
This I know you will agree is a disgraceful display of service, and a situation you will want to remedy with all due haste.
What I would like you to do, to put this situation to rights is to arrange to despatch to me with immediate effect a replacement pc. This I would expect to be at the very least the same specifications as I initially ordered.
In light of the awful service and personal costs, both financial and in terms of my time spent chasing this matter in well over 20 phone calls and lost hours of trade in my own business. I expect you to provide me with the following in addition.
A) A new monitor indentical to the original model ordered, this to be in addition to the previous monitor supplied and to be without any fault this time.
B) The supply of a full souncard box, including remote control.
C) A significant upgrade to the specifications would be warranted I am certain you will agree.
I can be contacted on my mobile telephone number ***** ******, or by email (************) so you may arrange the collection of the non-functioning pc, I would suggest that when you deliver the replacement, this be taken away at the same time.
I look forward to your prompt reply.