MESH - joke delivery times

ihatedell 10:46 10 Oct 2003

Wow, I wish I had read these forums before ordering from MESH.

32 days to deliver a PC. Wow, I really am impressed. Expecting it to come today so I take the day off work. I e-mail them on the Tuesday to confirm it is coming. No reply. Yesterday, they phone to say it is not coming till Monday. I say no way I want it delivered on Saturday. They refuse.

So, 32 days to deliver. MESH you are a complete joke and you wont be getting any money off me ever again.

TBH1 10:58 10 Oct 2003

yup - - you should've come here first mate.

Jester2K II 11:46 10 Oct 2003

Going to change you name now???

So why 32 days??

MESH Response 13:11 10 Oct 2003

Hi

If you could supply your order number to [email protected] - we will look into this and establish the circumstances behind your estimated delivery lead-time and get back to you.

Regards

MESH Response.

umbongo 13:33 10 Oct 2003

lucky escape - I only registered and came onto this forum as I saw the title of this thread from the main page when looking at system reviews. I was just about to order 2 PCs from Mesh this afternoon (1 budget, 1 power) - will be think hard about that decision now !

I ordered a PC from Mesh a good few years ago (Athlon 650 when it was top of the range!) and remember that coming without a monitor, with no explanation and a week long wait for an answer.

Hoped things had improved....

Murray 13:49 10 Oct 2003

on the positive side MESH does have a presence in this forum, so if you do have a gripe, all you have to do is start complaining and they normally pick you up pretty quick - as demonstrated.

I can't think of any other PC companies that do anything similar (ie hang around on forums waiting for people to complain about them... make up your own mind if you think this is a good or bad point

johnnyrocker 14:15 10 Oct 2003

i would think some of them would not have a need for a presence on here and in my opinion the fact that mesh and time deem it to be neccesary is indicative of poor service.

cheers.

johnny.

tenaka 14:27 10 Oct 2003

I don't think any company deems it necessary.

And their presence doesn't indicate poor service, the number of complaints do.

I'd rather see complaints that are dealt with satisfactorily and quickly rather than a single complaint that isn't dealt with at all.

johnnyrocker 14:33 10 Oct 2003

hence the need to come here because they cant deal with probs effectively in house.

johnny

tenaka 14:39 10 Oct 2003

I was referring to the fact that other complaints about other companies appear here and gets no response other than pro-"that company" or con-"that company".

The least you could say is that at least they are trying to help.

BTW, to my knowledge only Mesh, Evesham and Time seem to respond to queries about their machines. Although I haven't seen anything from time for.... well... time!

Stuartli 14:48 10 Oct 2003

I ordered a £750 Mesh system at the beginning of September. I was immediately informed of the delivery date, the invoice arrived shortly afterwards in the post, the system arrived at 10-15am on the day stated later that month and worked straight out of the box.

Unfortunately the majority accept good service without even a thank you or deserved public praise, but are quick to let the world know if things go wrong - and, with thousands of orders a year, you can bet your last penny something will for a comparatively small number of those buyers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017