Mesh fince /customer service problem

HOPE 20:08 21 Mar 2006

I brought a Mesh pc in Dec 2005 on a buy now pay later finance option.In Feb 2005 I received a letter from the finance company stateing that I had exceeded my agreed credit limit by £1200.After ringing Mesh and the finance company it appears that that i was charged twice for my pc.After 4 phone calls to Mesh in which they promised to sort it out and ring back and never did,one complaint letter to Mesh posted on the 9th March and one to the finance company it still has not been sorted. I have now received 3 threatning letters from the finance company the latest indicating that daily interest would be added to the amount they claim I owe.Mesh informed me that I was not thre only customer to be overcharged by this finance compay. I have brought 3 pcs from Mesh over the years but this is not the first time I have had problems with their customer sevice. I would be grateful for any feedback or suggestion om my problem.
thanks steve

david753 21:24 21 Mar 2006

Letter sent to the head of Mesh customer services in Jan 06.

I have been a Mesh customer for many years and I have over that time been extremely pleased with the equipment and service from yourselves. So pleased that in November 2005 I ordered two computers for nephews and a few weeks ago a replacement for myself.

I live in Northern Ireland and have to raise my concerns at how badly, we in this part of the UK are treated. The computer package that I bought had built into the price the Advantage warranty valued at £69. This as you know would give me 2 years on site and 1 year back to base. However, even though this is part of your costings and for which I would have paid, because I live in Northern Ireland, I am not entitled to. The Classic warranty being my only option.

If a customer in England had purchased the same computer and a fault occurred then a technician would have arrived within 24 hours with a replacement part and the computer would have been up and running in no time. To add insult to injury, Mesh will charge me £50 when I have to send it back to base.

I picked up my computer on Wednesday 25 January. I had been sent the wrong speakers, and the side fan had not been connected. When I set the system up a fault was identified by technical support with the graphics card. As stated earlier, I have had to sent both items back to you before you will send me the replacement items. If I had lived in England and could use my Advantage warranty my computer would have been working with the right parts before I had to sit down and write this letter. I do not see this as fair or a professional way to treat your loyal customers in Northern Ireland.

Could I also raise my concerns regarding delivery costs. Again, because I live in Northern Ireland I am charged twice as much as my English counterparts. An additional £35.25.

If I was to send you a parcel via Parcel Force or DHL it would cost me the same from here as it would an address in England.

As a customer in Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK, I have been penalised by the cost of the warranty, extra postage and the cost of returning items to base. If I was to have just one requirement to return my system to base buying a Mesh computer has cost me £154.25 more than a mainland customer.

Shouldn’t Mesh consider alternative couriers and setting up on site maintenance contracts where they are not currently available.

As a person who works from home and relies on their computer it is very frustrating to have the computer that I need for my job sitting idle on the floor.

Your consideration in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:39 21 Mar 2006

As you were aware of the price delivery differential and the warranty, it does beg the question why? Horses bolting and unlocked gates spring to mind.

G

SG Atlantis® 23:15 21 Mar 2006

Indeed, it is the reason I decided against buying off a mainland company, or rather a mainland company that has no interest in Northern Ireland.

You should have taken this into consideration before buying. From what I remember of searching Evesham are no better, think they said £150 to and from Nothern Ireland.

Dell are in Ireland, if your interested.

SG Atlantis® 23:20 21 Mar 2006

david753 you've hijacked someone else's thread... NOT GOOD MANNERS!

sorry HOPE, I didn't see your post and I think you need to seek legal advice.

SG Atlantis® 23:23 21 Mar 2006

Hope mesh have a rep on the forum (Davey) [email protected] email him and see if he can help.

MESH Support 09:39 22 Mar 2006

Hi there,

I apologise for not responding sooner. It appears this thread does not appear in the search results for some reason.

This is very strange for the finance company as when this type of issue occurs they contact me for information, and it's been so quiet on this front that I can see no problem that matches yours in my list for the last 6 months.

We can deal with this from the other end though. If you email me your order number and screen name (HOPE) to [email protected] I will contact them on your behalf, see what I can do to resolve the matter, and get back you as soon as possible.

Davey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?