and can't understand what the problem is.
1. You don't like the colour of the Mesh case.
2. You don't like the idea of an internal ZIP drive in beige.
3. You don't like the fact that a Mesh machine doesn't have a built-in card reader.
4. You wonder why Mesh don't offer the option to specify a second hard drive.
5. You've see "a few magazines" say that the Mesh case is functional but unattractive.
So you've solved the problem by deciding that instead of buying a new machine from somewhere else you're going to stay as you are. What's the point of your thread exactly?