Medion still good?

Zurdo 11:03 05 Aug 2013
Answered

My venerable Medion desktop has eventually given up after many years of faithful service. Has anyone had recent experience of their service as I may buy another from them?

alanrwood 12:54 05 Aug 2013

So what has gone wrong with it

Zurdo 13:23 05 Aug 2013

It's about 11 years old and has blue screened with prob. disk failure. Won't start even in safe mode. Then start up beeps state video problem, may be motherboard..............it's just well past it and not worth the hassle. The hard drive is now in the bin after a good seeing to with a hammer etc. Time for a new one.

Zurdo 13:40 05 Aug 2013

The blue screen error was "unmountablebootvolume. After checking the connections the video problem beeps sounded on start up so looks k**d. The Medion I was considering was this Medion 5203

It seems to have a decent spec for the money.

alanrwood 14:12 05 Aug 2013
Answer

Pretty final then.

All the best with a new machine whatever you decide on.

savim 14:47 07 Aug 2013

One in aldi last thursday and still some left for £349.00 with of course the 3 year free warranty.

click here

probably not what you are looking for but thought that i would post it any way.

Zurdo 16:37 09 Aug 2013

Thanks Savim. I'll take a look.

spuds 13:16 11 Aug 2013

Perhaps a word of caution?.

I purchased a Medion monitor product with a three year warranty, and Medion accepted the registration only to void the warranty later, due to the product being a display model in a Staples store. So if you are making a 'new' purchase, it might pay to consider this possibility, either with Medion or other products on offer?.

Other than that, the product as been 1st class, as all the other Medion products I have had over the years.

woodchip 21:53 12 Aug 2013

for three years it as to come from aldi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017