Medion P6843

Nodster 10:01 08 Jun 2008

I came accross this Medion whilst looking for a new PC. What are peoples views on this, has anyone got one?
Would welcome feedback from anyone please.

click here

rickf 11:32 08 Jun 2008

Excellent very high spec PC. Type Medion in search and you'll see many postings here.

GaT7 17:56 08 Jun 2008

What are you going to be using it for? E.g. if playing the latest/high-end games the 8600GS graphics installed is going to struggle.

If you don't require 1Tb of hard drive space & can make do with 640Gb, then this similar Dell click here for ~£449 may be better value.

To get it for the price, remove the peripherals: monitor, keyboard & mouse = £464. Initially, go through Quidco click here to get 4% cashback = ~£15. Grand Total = £449.

----------------------------------------------

For £45 more, i.e. £497 in total, you can get 4Gb RAM & the 20" monitor too. Remove the keyboard+mouse & select the 4Gb RAM option. Go to checkout & apply this 15% voucher XGWWWQ3P?MQBM? = £514. Initially, go through Quidco for £17 cashback. Grand Total = £497.

The graphics supplied are about the same as the Medion PC though. G

P.S. Above voucher expires 11/06/08 & can be used only for online purchases of £599 & above

Nodster 18:09 08 Jun 2008

Thanks ever so much Rickf and Crossbow7 for your feedback it is much appreciated.
I will not be using it for games, mainly Business use. I had a medion 8080xl which I accidentally damaged the processor on saturday. To replace would probably not be worth while so was looking for a new machine. The medion had been faultless since 2003, hence I was looking at the mdeion. No wlooking at the Dell!

GaT7 23:07 08 Jun 2008

Do you actually require a quad-core PC for your business use? What kind of programs do you run? You could easily get by with a dual-core & save a lot of money.

How much hard disk space do you need - & a monitor?

Dell do PC's for businesses too that cost less than their 'Home' counterparts....

E.g. here's one for £200 (£194 with cashback) click here, that you could add bit's from the other PC including the hard+optical drives, etc to save money. Let us know the type of RAM & graphics card in the old PC as these may not be compatible.

And another for £322 (£311 with cashback) with a quad-core CPU click here (remove monitor).

If you need more hard disk space, more RAM, etc, do not select any of Dell's upgrades on the above, as most are way overpriced. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?