Medion non-existent after-sales service

emmybee 22:08 20 Apr 2004

In January I ordered a new motherboard for my Medion PC from Medion (UK), sending a cheque as requested by their HotLine. Three months later I'm still waiting. Constant calls to the Hotline has revealed the loss of my cheque, acknowledged receipt of a second cheque, the loss of the seond cheque, acknowledged receipt of a third cheque, and a promise from a Senior Manager(?) that my motherboard would be sent "in a couple of days" nine days ago. Among the excuses for not processing my order are: moving premises, installing a new computer system, and difficulty in obtaining parts from Medion (Germany). A letter to the Managing Director, Nick Shenton, six weeks ago resulted in a promise of "delivery within 28 days". An attempt to speak to Mr Shenton on the telephone was blocked by his receptionist/secretary/PA. Presumably it is beneath him to speak to individual customers.

So, does anyone out there have any ideas short of sending the boys round?

spuds 23:40 20 Apr 2004

I quite agree with you. Medion have a very good product, but their after-sales requires a little upgrading.I had problems with Medion over a simple warranty registration for one of their monitors.Other people have had similar problems, and a forum search will reveal this. Here's one click here

emmybee 00:16 21 Apr 2004

My motherboard failure was down to me, so I couldn't claim under warranty, although the PC was just less than 12 months old when it happened. But that doesn't excuse Medion: I am a customer and should be dealt with efficiently.

Forum Editor 07:03 21 Apr 2004

and the inefficiencies that you've listed would be laughable if it wasn't such a serious failure of customer service.

Under normal circumstances I would recommend an immediate letter to their M.D., but you've already used up that option. You could forget the whole thing and inform Medion that you're cancelling your order - they aren't the only source of a suitable motherboard.

emmybee 15:03 23 Apr 2004

I had a phone call this morning from Medion who said that they were today sending out my motherboard free of charge, and I should receive it early next week. I'll let you know.....!

ensonricky 17:32 23 Apr 2004

It's probably free of charge because they've lost your 3rd cheque!

emmybee 21:55 23 Apr 2004

Funny you should say that......!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017