Medion 8809 Battlefield 2 special forces

ross-a-tron 19:56 07 Jan 2007

I have purchased Battle Field 2 with special forces expansion pack. The programme said that it does not recognise some of the drivers. It also said that the graphics card was to small so i look on the internet to find some. I found a Sapphire radeon 9550 256mb. How can i install this into the pc? Will this make the game playable? If not which graphics card do you recomend?
thank you
ps please reply as the medion help service don't want to answer the question

vinnyT 14:06 08 Jan 2007

Yes the Sapphire radeon 9550 will go in your pc, as the spec I found for the 8809 say it has an agp slot.

Before you install the new card, turn off the pc.

The graphics you have at the moment are onboard (ie dismal for gaming), when you install the new card you will have to go into the bios to disable the onboard graphics (someone else with the same pc will be able to help better as to exactly where in the bios the onboard graphics is located, as most bios differ), then put the new card in the agp slot, remove the monitor cable from the onboard graphics and on to the new card. Start your system up and the new card should be detected, follow the instructions on how to install the drivers that came with the card, restart, and you're done.

Battlefield 2 DVD Rom only - requires a DVD Rom drive to run

Minimum Spec:
P4 1.7GHz Processor
512MB RAM
128MB 3D Graphics Card
ADSL/Cable Modem

Recommended Spec
P4 2.4GHz Processor
1GB RAM
256MB 3D Graphics Card
T1/LAN Internet Connection

According to the above it should run on your new card, but maybe not with all features on high.

Hope this helps.

ross-a-tron 18:00 08 Jan 2007

Thanks Vinny T much appreciated. Does anyone who has a 8809 know where the Bios is?

citadel 20:09 08 Jan 2007

install the card, restart pc, the new hardware found wizard will start and ask for driver, use driver on the disc that came with the card or download the latest driver and save it to desktop before you start. the onboard graphics will be auto disabled by the bios when they find the card on startup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?