Mcafee - Half Price...

STREETWORK 21:50 29 Jan 2008

I had Mcafee preinstalled on a new PC with 3 months free Mcafee subscription. When it had ended i was prompted to renew it for a cost of £49.99. Hmmm, checked Mcafee website and found the 2008 full version with 3 licences for £24. so this to alert you all to deal. I had to uninstall the version which came with the PC (DELL) before installing the download...

rickf 22:02 29 Jan 2008

Bought OEM version with 3 licences for £17.00 brand new.

STREETWORK 22:06 29 Jan 2008

Thats good, anyone got it cheaper?

bjh 12:59 30 Jan 2008

Ebuyer have the same three licence product on offer for about £8. I bought a couple recently, at a slightly higher price. I can conform it installs on 3 different PCs perfectly happily.

In the paid-for security suites, it is one of the better ones. I prefer Kaspersky myself, but it does a good enough job, and is low on overheads.

Ebuyer link
click here

interzone55 16:03 30 Jan 2008

Save all the money by using AVG or Avast

pj123 17:24 30 Jan 2008

As alan14 says.

Not full price, not half price, but no price.

bjh 17:51 30 Jan 2008

Yes, but NOT an internet suite, not directly comparable.... and I know we can argue for pages on whether free or paid-for is best! They are different.

I have extolled the virtues of the free ones at times (AOL version of Kaspersky was excellent... Avira is probably best at the moment. AVG doesn't really reach the top 20 for reliability at the moment).

However, they are NOT as comprehensive as the suites, and McAfee offers one of the widest sets of extras around, including backup, network setup, optimization tools.... and all for £2 per machine.

A small price to pay, and well worth it in many cases.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone