M.A.C. from supanet

bigh180170 14:50 24 Oct 2006

Ive just tried too get my M.A.C. from supanet who i have been a loyal customer with for 3 years and have been told that they do not give out M.A.C. When i pointed out that OFCOM says they have too do this i was told that they are not signed up too OFCOM and i will have too pay them £50 too recieve my M.A.C. from a third party. As i am just over my latest min 12 months contract i now face the choice of paying £50 too switch with no internet loss or cancelling my account with supanet and starting afresh with a new provider.
so a warning too any one thinking of signing with supanet DONT!!!!

nelsonscolumn 17:30 24 Oct 2006

supanet are a member of ISPA, the Internet Services Providers' Association.
They are a bit like OFCOM, and describe themselves as "the UK's Trade Association for providers of Internet services".

They also have a code of practice that its members have to follow. If you have finished the length of contract you signed up to, I would guess that you can leave supanet with one months notice, and no further charges (not sure what their terms and conditions are).
But you can complain to ISPA, or at least get advice off them. See their website:
click here

I am currently complaining to them about Orange broadband. If you do change broadband provider, then dont go with Orange, they are incompetent in the extreme...!
Hope helpful,
Mike

Bailey08787 15:37 25 Oct 2006

That's disgusting - they rope you into a 12 month contract - you pay them dutifully whilst they provide a substandard connection - and then you can't even leave them without paying £50, or having to go several weeks without internet access

disgraceful

FreeCell 17:44 25 Oct 2006

Ofcom doen't have members as they are an independent regulator so supanet are off-message by saying they are not signed-up to them. If they operate in the UK they are within remit of ofcom.

See ofcom site for complaints process on not giving m.a.c. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?