Maplin's

Jean-Luc Picard 11:14 06 Aug 2003

I'd just like to put in a good word for my local Maplin's store in Watford. Whenever I have had occassion to return items(my fault not theirs) they have alwaystaken the goods back and given an immediate refund without quibling.

JIM 11:31 06 Aug 2003

Always good to hear of a company understanding one's own errors.Well worth your support eh!

Djohn 13:36 06 Aug 2003

Phoned my local branch on Friday morning to enquire about them making me a 8 metre "High quality digital lead" for my, (just arrived Broadband modem). "No need for one sir, in fact our standard crossover lead with RJ 11 connectors at both ends will give a better quality signal". Saved me £4.00 and waiting to have it made up. j.

-pops- 15:13 06 Aug 2003

Maplin are up in the same league as Crucial as far I I'm concerned - top of the table.

spuds 19:52 06 Aug 2003

Even better, when you are on their mailing list. Nice little money off vouchers.

D-P-R 20:04 06 Aug 2003

yep u do get good returns service

14all 21:14 06 Aug 2003

I can relate to all said. I wanted to upgrade My memory but have a rather old mother board built in 1996 which many friends said the sticks would be hard to source. A visit to the Hammersmith branch only to find that the memory sticks I needed were in stock, one up for Maplins.

The returns for memory sticks are a bit different, if you break the seal on the anti static bag they will return your money after sending the memory away for testing, and if it tests OK, money back!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?