Major problems with Philips DVD recorders!

TOPCAT® 11:30 21 Jan 2003
  TOPCAT® 11:30 21 Jan 2003

Oh dear! Have a look here if you own one and see if you agree. TC.

click here

PhilMeIn 14:42 21 Jan 2003

Thanks for bringing this to our attention , i didn't know about all the problems !! . Will definately wait until problems sorted out or maybe the Panasonic recorder? .

tippucat 22:03 26 Jan 2003

Have read link page but not clear whether this applies to recordable only? Does anyone know as I bought my Phillips a couple of months ago. No problems at present.

TOPCAT® 00:17 27 Jan 2003

Don't think you need to worry too much. Cannot find any real adverse comments from qualified people on problems with Philips DVD players.

Sorry I posted the thread really. I should have checked for more concrete comments first. My apologies. TC.

tbh72 04:45 27 Jan 2003

They make really nice Iron's...... No seriously I was so utterly disappointed with philips after buying a CD/RW £189.00 when they first come out that I would never personally use them again for computer components.

Even if after all this time if they were to send me a nice e-mail offering me a replacement I would gracefully decline there offer.

Just as I have done with Watford Electronics (Savastore). There is only so much much a disgruntled customer can take. There are alway's other company's looking for your business.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?