lx-electronics.com - any positive feedback?

urban gorilla 12:44 22 Feb 2008

This company is listed as a supplier on 2 recent PCA rewievs:
click here
click here
FE has this company been vetted by PCA?

I googled this website and found these 2 forums discussing it.
click here
click here
Has anyone purchased anything from them?
Any positive feedback?
I've see a laptop ion their site i would like to purchase.

urban gorilla 19:14 24 Feb 2008

FE - any comments?

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:28 24 Feb 2008

PCA do not 'vet' companies, like most other magazines, they review the computer/equipment supplied not the customer service etc. Ensure that you only pay by credit card. However 30 seconds Googling found this...make of it what you will.....click here
If it seems too good to be tue, it probably is.
G

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:31 24 Feb 2008

ps...there seems to be a lot of businesses at their London abode.....click here

G

urban gorilla 21:54 24 Feb 2008

GANDALF <|:-)> thanks for your comments.
I don't think lx-electronics supplied the products reviewd on the 2 links i provided above. I think PCA just did a search for the best price available on the net, found it to be lx-electronics.com and listed them next to the product reviewed with the price.

Having read that review i went to the website, looked around and found a laptop i've been looking for at an unbelievable price.
Like you say "if it's too good to be true.."
I googled the company and found the other 2 links i posted.

My question to the FE was if the guy who did the review checked out the credibility of the company before listing them?

Had he done that than i wouldn't have gone to that site.

urban gorilla 22:01 24 Feb 2008

This company maybe genuine as no one has said anything bad apart from the fact they don't reply to emails and there is no phone no. to contact them on and their registration details look dodgy...but i just wanted to know if anyone has used them and had any problems dealing with them or were happy with the service they provided.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:20 24 Feb 2008

'they don't reply to emails and there is no phone no. to contact them on and their registration details look dodgy'...I'm sure that you can see a pattern.

'My question to the FE was if the guy who did the review checked out the credibility of the company before listing them?'..as I have said before, it is not the responsibility of any reviewer to check the 'standing' of a company. 'Personal+responsibility' are the key words here.

G

Hi, Last week i tried to buy a digital camera from lx-electronics, the payment process didn't work, so i sent them an email. No reply was received, so i started googling and found this thread.

I then checked my credit card transactions online and found a rogue payment had been made for £19.99 to Autotrader, I raised this with my credit card provider who forwarded my concerns to the fraud department, a day later i checked my transactions online to find another rogue payment, this time for £16.06 to Epoch.com. I have now cancelled my card.

DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!

urban gorilla 13:53 13 Mar 2008

sorry to hear of your mishap.
I wish more people had posted here constructively so you and others could have been warned. From what i've learned about this site so far it's a data/identity gathering site where it tempts you with silly prices to enter your personal and credit card details and as witnessed by you to be used fraudulently to make purchases and apply for loans/credit in your name.
I hope someone is taking action to shut it down as it's still up and running.

urban gorilla 14:18 13 Mar 2008
  MoonWalkingBear 18:19 14 Apr 2008

DONT SAY NOBODY WARNED YOU!!
I saw an attractive laptop and proceeded to purchase it. This website will take you through steps 1 to 3 of 4 for the payment process, then will take you back to step 1 instead of 4. Hence you cannot purchase anything!!
I emailed them, twice - no response!

LX-ELECTRONICS.COM are harvesting/mining credit/debit card, name and address details!!! Unfortunately I tried 2 credit cards and had to cancel both of them.

LX-ELECTRONICS.COM is a SCAM!!
LX-ELECTRONICS.COM is a FAKE BUSINESS!!
LX-ELECTRONICS.COM is a CON !! (just in case google makes this page searchable)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires