Lucmos.co.uk - Anyone used?

tammer 13:24 13 Aug 2009

Hi,

I've noticed these guys are selling these at a very good price:

click here

Has anyone used them before that would like to share their experience?

birdface 19:39 13 Aug 2009

Not even a contact phone number.There are a lot of sellers from china using Uk e-mail addresses not sure if this is one of them.But I would check again before you attempt to purchase anything.

birdface 19:44 13 Aug 2009

very hard to find any reviews.They do ship to the UK so not based here.

click here

tammer 09:02 15 Aug 2009

Thanks,

In the past I've never been suspicious about sites - and I've never had a problem.

I've started to read horror stories recently though about dummy sites set up to rip people off and the credit card companies haven't been very helpful.

I think I'll give these a miss just now and wait until the headphones are stocked by more online retailers.

birdface 19:29 15 Aug 2009

Chap on here last week purchased a laptop battery from one of them and of course the battery was faulty.They were from China using a UK e-mail address.
At least it was delivered if not faulty it may have been a good buy.
I suppose it is just a matter of do I take a chance.

OTT_Buzzard 19:34 15 Aug 2009

Contact details from their T&C page show LucMos Plc Gaerwen Uchaf Business Park, Gaerwen, Gwynedd LL60 6DN United Kingdom as their address

Kevscar1 19:36 16 Aug 2009

As a plc they should be registered with Companies House but they do not show up so be warned.

Stuartli 22:07 16 Aug 2009

The Contact Us page has a link with the wording: Where is your telephone number?

It leads to:

click here

The website is listed as being powered by WillyFog.com (product search engine) detailed at:

click here

and there is also a link underneath its logo to click here, a well known price comparison website.

Might be an OK website but not all that convincing overall.

tammer 21:12 17 Aug 2009

Agreed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires