Low Broadband Speeds? Maybe there's hope.

gardener 21:25 10 Oct 2007
  FatboySlim71 17:18 12 Oct 2007

Ive just signed it now. Totally agree with the idea of forcing ISP's to advertise a typical rate rather than a "theoretical maximum rate"

gardener 17:36 12 Oct 2007

Also signed. About time things changed in the Third World country that is Britain.

At an old age I agree this is the 3rd world and I am also looking at retiring elsewhere for the remainder of my time

tullie 13:59 14 Oct 2007

If you people think this is a third world country,you should get around a bit more.

Colin 14:16 14 Oct 2007

tullie - spot on. If some people think the UK is a third world country, what does that make countries like Honduras & Ecuador? 10th world?

gardener 14:37 14 Oct 2007

We have a health service on the verge of collapse, an education system that is churning out illiterate, scientifically-deficient pupils, the worst record for child poverty in Europe, animal health scares on a regular basis and the biggest divide between rich and poor ever seen. Not exactly what you could call 'developed'.

Colin 15:15 14 Oct 2007

Depending on who you listen to, the NHS has been on the verge of collapse since it began. You have to put these things into perspective and not base opinions on a small sample of bad things or what The Sun & Daily Mail say. The NHS treats millions of people every year. If something goes wromg, that's not acceptable, but you have to look at the bigger picture. Anyway, maybe this should be a separate thread, but it wouldn't change people's opinions.

gardener 15:28 14 Oct 2007

Colin, yes this thread is becoming too political, I apologize. I will stick to the subject in future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?