lousy evesham support

John M Taylor 12:36 26 Aug 2006

I raised this as a reply to a very old posting. As the saga with Evesham support goes on and on i raise it anew.I bought the top end, £2,000 machine recommended by PC advisor.
I complained it wasn't working properly, was promised an engineer who was cancelled 4 pm the day before (one day's pay lost) Their phone engineer could not resolve the problem. Rang their complaints dept many times (my telephone bill), had to beg them to send an engineer out - who spent all day here and couldn't fix it (another days pay lost).The engineer changed everything, including the video card - Evesham still tell me the problem is with the video card! Required the machine sent back to them- another day waiting for collection(why sent the engineer at all if it had to go back).Told me that it was video card (the same one that the engineer had changed!. Due yesterday - did not arrive (day waiting). Spoke to complaints dept -it's still at Evesham. Arrived today, they sent me someone else's machine. They will contact me next Tuesday (today is Saturday)
Have you ever tried escalating the matter past the switchboard? You can't do it!!.
It's like that man on the Nationwide advert - "Sorry- it don't work like that".
Come on PC advisor, stand up for the little man John Taylor

Forum Editor 13:28 26 Aug 2006

in someone else's thread - we do stand up for the little man & woman, it's what we've been doing for the past five and a half years, and it's why you're able to post your complaint here, on a free help forum.

From what you say, it seems that you'll be contacted by Evesham after the bank holiday. There's absolutely nothing we, or anyone else could do in the meantime, so I suggest you wait to see what happens then.

John M Taylor 15:12 26 Aug 2006

Sorry Pc advisor, It's not your fault. It's just that everytime I read the mag Evesham are wonderful - the reality for me is somewhat different. You are quite right you have posted my moan - thanks. Why me though! (:
John Taylor

spuds 15:56 26 Aug 2006

"Why me though!". Not just you I suspect, but a few other people also. That's the way of life nowadays!.

Evesham have always had fairly good reports through this and other forum's, so perhaps you have been slightly unlucky this time. See what happens next week, after the holidays!.

Soloist 22:15 26 Aug 2006

I had the same problem with Evesham as John Taylor. I bought a pc from them in March this year which came with a faulty video card. After much persuasion they grudgingly sent out a technician who installed another faulty card. They refused to come again and said I would have to return the pc to them, in spite of me having 2 years on-site warranty.
I returned it to them recently and it is now fixed but what a nightmare it has been getting them to do it!
I will never buy from them again.
Jim.

oresome 10:07 27 Aug 2006

I am sure that as part of their quality assurance procedure, Evesham will have a audited complaints procedure.

Contact the quality manager, in writing if necessary and ask what the procedure is and give a brief outline of your complaint.

Escalate your complaint through this procedure which will give time limits for responses and actions etc.

If you've already taken the necessary steps and your complaint has fallen on deaf ears, advise the quality manager that the company appear to be none compliant with their own procedure.

Hopefully by this stage, the quality manager will be taking you seriously and jumping on people to resolve the matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?