Looking for trial vob to mpeg convertor

astral traveller 22:04 30 Apr 2007

Can anyone recommend a decent free/trial vob to mpeg convertor program? Has there been anything on the PCadvisor cover discs - I've looked but can't find one.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:08 30 Apr 2007

I've not tried it click here

G

rodriguez 12:34 01 May 2007

VOB is already in MPEG-2 format. Rename the extension to .mpg and it should still play on it's own in Media Player. If you have a DVD film that's copy protected, it won't play properly this way. If there is more than 1 file (0.99 GB ones) then NeroVision or a similar video editing program will join them up as you drag them into the timeline.

tenplus1 13:22 01 May 2007

you could always try a program called MediaCoder ( click here ) that will convert almost any format to another, including vob's and music files...

astral traveller 18:05 01 May 2007

but I didn't make myself clear. I want to be able to edit the videos and add some effects - they are home videos which I have copied from DV camcorder to home DVD player. I don't have S video out on the camcorder or usb/firewire, just phono and dv out. I have a firewire port on my pc. So I've got the video on DVD discs which is a straight copy from dv tapes. Windows movie player doesn't seem to recognise the video files but I'll copy them to my hard drive and rename like rodriguez suggests and see how I get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?