Looking for Router Recommendations please...

Radix Lecti 13:21 11 Feb 2006

Hi all, I currently have a Netgear DG834GT and although it's worked absolutely fine with XBOX LIVE for the last 18 months through my XBOX, now I have a 360 I'm having some probs.

I can connect to LIVE and can race one person, but whenever I try to join a group, I get the message "Unable to connect to all players".

From what I've read, this is a NAT problem (mine's registering as being 'moderate').

I've also been told (on the Netgear forums), that this router isn't compatible with LIVE; which I find strange considering the fact I've been using it for ages now.

Anyhoo, I'm looking to upgrade my router and wondered what I should be looking out for now.

I don't mind paying for something decent, so range and speed are very important for me... oh, and compatibility with LIVE through the 360.

Any personal recommendations?

Thanks

Jdoki 17:53 11 Feb 2006

I use a D-Link G604T.

Wireless ADSL router - works fine with my XBox360 and PC network (both wired and wireless)

Seems OK bit of kit, needs occasional restarts (as all routers/modem I've owned have required!) Only downside is that it makes a bit of 'whistling' noise which is a little annoying (and appears to be a 'feature' of this model) - but as the device is not in earshot it's acceptable.

The D-Link gaming router has been getting excellent reviews, but no idea if it works with the 360. A lot of stuff is branded as Xbox Live compatible, but that doesn't mean it's Xbox360 Live compatible!

If going for wireless you might want to look for an a+g router - as Microsoft recommends these over a standard b+g. click here has a list of compatible routers in their support section

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?