Looking for a non-widescreen laptop...

izzi81 18:15 02 Apr 2009

Hi, hopefully someone can give me some help... I'm looking for a laptop, around the £300-£400 price range. I've had a look at a few places and browsed online, but seem to be finding that all the ones that seem decent are widescreen. I'm not interested in a widescreen monitor, I don't plan on watching many if any movies, but I do want to do web design and photo/graphic bits and pieces as well as word processing and a wee bit of game playing, and I get the feeling the widescreen shape will prove annoying. But there are hardly any options out there! I've been told Acer is a really good brand, but they all seem to be widescreen now...
Help?

curofone 19:55 02 Apr 2009

if i was you i would just go with a 15.4" widescreen machine, i do plenty of web devloping/designing and word processing on both 4:3 and 16:9 screens and if anything i prefer the widescreen machines. Also i can not remember the last time i saw a laptop without a widescreen screen although i am sure someone will post one soon enough.

MAT ALAN 20:27 02 Apr 2009

Widescreen is actually better for your periferal vision and easier on the eyes a 15.4in suggested by curophone would be the way to go.
another reason being i have just searched the net for about 1/2 an hour and can't really find anything suitable...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017